Thursday, April 21, 2005

Chag Kasher V'sameach!

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

OK, not really...I'm actually dreading the next week or so. I just hate disrupting my regular routine.

I used to go to a hotel in the Catskills every year for Pesach. You didn't even know it was Pesach! You were sheltered, ate incredible foods and enjoyed non-stop activities. Didn't even have to clean the house!

Now, I'm at home all week, trying to explain to co-workers why my every meal consists of tasteless crackers.

But then again, it's never as bad as I think. The holiday comes and goes, and everyone ends up having a great time. Not as good a time as the folks in Israel, though. Israeli music will be EVERYWHERE this week! Rita, Ivri Lider, Idan Raichel, Achinoam Nini, Ehud Banai, David D'or and so many more Israeli singers will be performing all over the country. The Jerusalem Post summarized it all in this article.

Since the next 2 Sundays fall out on Yom Tov, The Israel Hour will be off the air until Sunday, May 8th. Best wishes for a Chag Kasher V'sameach - a happy and kosher Passover!

No comments: