Friday, April 15, 2005

Rita in Concert - 4/14/05


I had a great time last night. Although her dancing didn't seem as elaborate as I remember in the past, I thought Rita sounded great for the most part - although the music tended to drown her out from time to time (as did the 3 Israeli girls sitting behind me). She sang all of her hits, and really had great control of the audience by the end of the show.

I feel that she connects with her audience better than almost anyone. As always, she went out into the audience to shake hands and hug anyone who is interested. Not only that - she even left the auditorium and went upstairs to the BALCONY to make the folks in the nosebleed seats feel included. It really helped endear her to the audience in a BIG way.

Let's see...here are the songs I remember (in no particular order):
Bo, Atuf B'rachamim, Shir Ahuvat Hasapan, Eved Shel Hazman, Tiftach Chalon, Yeladim Ze Simcha, Erev Kachol Amok, Shara Barechovot, Ani Chaya Miyom L'yom, Yemai Hatom - plus Yerushalayim Shel Zahav, a Persian song and a song from "Carmen". I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Surprising that Town Hall was far from sold out last night. You would think that Rita, who doesn't come to the USA all too often, would draw more people in a city like New York. But those who were there seemed to have a wonderful time. And BTW, we sat three rows behind Dudu Fisher, who collaborated with Rita on "Tonight, A Musical."

Having always been a big Rita fan, I enjoyed the concert very much. Anyone in Montreal - go see her on April 17th!

No comments: